- The Return on Work Reintegration
- A new ISSA report confirms that investments in rehabilitation and work reintegration “pay off” for employers, social security systems and society at large.
- DGUV contributes to a new EU regulation
- In a statement the German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV) as the umbrella organization of German labor insurances contributes to the proposed revision of regulations (EC) No. 883/2004 and No. 987/2009 by the European Commission
- Franco-German discussions on accident insurance
- Eurogip was particularly interested in best practices with regard to rehabilitation and return to work as well as the economic added value of investment in rehabilitation.
- G20 Labour and Employment Ministers Meeting
- DGUV-Director General, Dr. Joachim Breuer, emphasized at the G20-Labour and Employment Ministers Meeting that employment injury schemes can provide protection. He said, that investments in employment injury schemes is an essential condition for decent work.
- Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland today declared its intention to withdraw from the European Union (EU). European social legislation with respect to the United Kingdom nevertheless remains fully in force until the withdrawal has taken effect at the end of the transitional phase, which will normally last for two years.
- Exchange with Moldavian social security institution CNAS on accident insurance
- During an exchange on social security issues, Dr. Joachim Breuer, Director General of the German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV) and president of the International Social Security Association (ISSA) and Laura Grecu, president of the social security institution Casa Națională de Asigurări Sociale (CNAS) in Moldova, both agreed to work closer together in the field of statutory accident insurance.
- DGUV and the East and Central African Association ECASSA cooperate
- In February 2017 Dr Frédéric Ntimarubusa, General Secretary of ECASSA, and Dr Joachim Breuer, Director General of DGUV, signed a Memorandum of Understanding during a meeting at the DGUV in Berlin. Discussions focused in particular on rehabilitation and return to work issues.
- Is there a need to strengthen social rights in Europe?
- Abridged Version of the DGUV comments on the EU Consultation on the European Pillar of Social Rights is now available online