Radiation exposure is evaluated with reference to a series of regulations and the limit values contained within them. In order for specifications for good practice in the measurement of optical radiation to be set and observed, use is made of relevant standards.
• EU Directive 2006/25/EC, Artificial Optical Radiation
• German OSH Ordinance on Artificial Optical Radiation (OStrV)
• Technical Rules under the German OSH Ordinance on Artificial Optical Radiation - TROS incoherent optical radiation (in German only)
• Technical Rules under the German OSH Ordinance on Artificial Optical Radiation - TROS laser radiation (in German only)
• EN 14255, Measurement and assessment of personal exposures to incoherent optical radiation
• EN 12198 series, Safety of machinery - Assessment and reduction of risks arising from radiation emitted by machinery
• EN 62471, Photobiological safety of lamps and lamp systems